New Office Location as of 8/31/2016
Current News and Reports
9441 LBJ Fwy Suite #350 Dallas, TX 75243
Presentation: Models of Public Mental Health Care
Sunset Issue 9: NorthSTAR
NTBHA Local Service Area Plans
Collaborative Report - December 2015
Revised Indigent Behavioral Health Plan Submission
NTBHA Provider Forum Presentation – Feb 24, 2016
Provider and MCO Forum HHSC Presentation April 5th, 2016
MCO Contact List 4 5 16 MCO Coordination Forum
Provider TA Session on MCO Contracting, 5/24/16: Presentations:
---- 5 4 Standard Prior Authorization Instructions TCM Rehab
---- 20160419 FAQ LMHA and MCO
---- TDI Standard Authorization Form
---- Managed Care Overview NTBHA MMPHI
Quality Management Manager
FY 17 Contract Blank
What is NorthSTAR|
The NorthSTAR Program is a publicly funded managed care approach to the delivery of mental health and substance
use disorder services to the eligible residents of Dallas, Ellis, Collin, Hunt, Navarro, Rockwall and Kaufman counties.
NorthSTAR provides a comprehensive mental health/substance abuse benefit package for all eligible individuals, and
access to benefits is determined by clinical need, not funding source.
Client services to both eligible Medicaid and medically indigent individuals are managed under contract with the State
by a behavioral health organization (BHO), ValueOptions.
The DSHS contract with ValueOptions outlines the requirements for performance, and is rigorously managed by NTBHA and DSHS.
The North Texas Behavioral Health Authority (NTBHA) serves as the local behavioral health
(mental health and substance abuse) authority for the entire NorthSTAR service area, and functions include planning,
oversight, single portal authority functions, as well as a local problem solving resource that includes ombudsman services.
The Unique NorthSTAR Approach
- Blended funding - State and local agencies contribute wrap-around funds for a person's treatment. No longer does a person have to mine the various agencies and departments to receive services.
- Integrated services - Mental health and substance use disorder treatment are coordinated under behavioral health, allowing integrated treatment in a single system of care.
- Care management - Individuals receive the proper amount of cost-efficient care.
- Data-based decision support - A modern data warehouse and decision support software is used to evaluate and manage the system of care.
- Behavioral Health Organization - Services are provided via a fully capitated contract with a licensed behavioral health organization.
© 2015. North Texas Behavioral Health Authority. All Rights Reserved - Legal|
9441 Lyndon B Johnson FWY, Ste 300 Dallas, TX 75243
214.366.9407 | firstname.lastname@example.org